Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Reunion 2008

With the help of my daughter, Shannon (an experienced blogger) I am attempting to set up this Family Reunion blog site. Please bear with me as I find my way through this.

On July 12th, 2008 the Family Reunion was held at Cheaha Sate Park beside the lake (lower area). Attending this years gathering were;
Joe and Joan Ratliff from Greensboro, NC
Lee and Betty Ratliff from Eustis, Fl
Guy and Jean Irvine from Rome, NY
Wes and Donna Ratliff from Ft. Walton, Fl.
Paul Bavar and Dot from Clanton, Al
Bill Minor from Chipley, Fl
Rick Ratliff from Ashville, Al
Mike and Suzanne Baldis from Helena, Al.
Shannon Johnson and Max Johnson from Hoover, Al.
Jennifer Adcock and Peighton from Birmingham, Al.
Myself, Wayne Ratliff from Pelham, Al.

For those who could not make it this year, we missed you and look forward to seeing you all next year.

The next reunion is July 11th, 2009 at the same pavillion as this year, by the lake. It is agreat place for the young ones as well, with a playground and roped off lake to swim in. The lake is shallow enough that you can wade out most of the way to the ropes. So bring your suits if you have a mind to.

If you have picture of this years reunion please post them or send to me and I will post them. I only have 5 right now but expect more to come.

Please, lets all keep in touch through this blog, post informative stories about your family, place friends and loved one on our prayer list. We may be far apart geographically but we can remain close in our thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Shannon Johnson said...

Great blog! I think this will be of great use once the family gets used to using it!!! Way to go!